Twin Phone Device (a
Right now there is a wide range of devices in our handbags/manbags/backpacks/pockets. We have little candybar phones, little flip-lid phones, wide QWERTY phones, touch screen iPhones and so on. And a few of us have larger devices like portable media players and Kindles. My idea is based on something that is unlikely to change in the next decade: our fingers won't get smaller and our eyesight won't improve.
- We will always want our phone to be tiny
- We will always want our keyboard and screen to be big
- We will often have a bag of some sort with us
- The solution is a pair of linked devices!
- 1. A little phone, think iPod Nano. It's used for predictive texting, taking calls, and operating the brick. It is the control for music and radio. It is the camera.
- 2. A big device, whatever we decide is the best compromise between size and functionality - screen size and keyboard size, think Kindle. It is the storage, the powerhouse. This is where you watch photos and videos and tv. This is where you type emails and view spreadsheets. This is where you browse the web.
- They are linked together, but also operate independently if required.
I have seen the future, and the future is twin phones!
* All I ask for is acknowledgement that I thought of it. I'll never get around
the realising them myself, so go for it!